According to a recent report from Gartner, 85% of businesses are already using Free and Open Source Software. And the other 15% will be doing so within the year.
Gartner's global survey of 274 organisations, carried out in May-June of this year, found FOSS is being used for mission critical processes as often as it is for less business-necessary functions.
Where do we start? OpenOffice.org, Firefox or Thunderbird, perhaps The Gimp or Inkscape... There's lots to talk about here. Updates will be coming fast and furiously.
The Open Learning Centre:
Telephone: +44 (0)844 3576000
The Open Learning Centre is owned and operated byBell Lord Ltd. UK Registered Company #05868943.
Contents of this website unless otherwise specified or assigned are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. © 2010 The Open Learning Centre.